Tim Sanders is the NYT best selling author of Love Is the Killer App: How To Win Business & Influence Friends. He was the Chief Solutions Officer at Yahoo! from 2001 through 2005. As the author of two other books, both prize winners in motivation and business book categories, Tim’s He also one of the top rated speakers on the lecture circuit.In his latest book, Tim takes a look at the role of positivity, confidence and abundance thinking in the corporate environment.
I’m personally not a huge fan of abundance teaching (I have no problem with positivity), and as a result our interview is a little edgier than usual – but I am a great fan of Tim as a person and a leader – and in our interview you’ll hear why.
In this interview Tim shares:
- » His background as a corporate executive and working for Mark Cuban at Broadcast.com and Yahoo!;
- » How “bad laptops, wide ties and long meetings” pushed him to move out of ‘corporate’;
- » How he came to write his first book ‘Love Is The Killer App’;
- » Precisely why ‘Love Is The Killer App’ was so successful;
- » Why he particularly enjoyed writing ‘Today We Are Rich’ more than the others;
- » The one over-arching reason why any business person should buy a copy of ‘Today We Are Rich’;
- » Why he owes so much of his success to his grandmother;
- » What ‘confidence’ really is, and why we need more, not less of it;
- » What he teaches in ‘Today We Are Rich’ that the ‘classic’ motivational authors missed;
- » The 7-step plan he has devised to live ‘rich’;
- » Why you should follow your purpose, not your passion; …and much more