Leadership isn’t an elite act. We can all, any of us, lead at any time – and more of us should be than are. In this book, you’ll learn what it truly means to lead, and how to do it (if you want to).
In the first part of the book we’ll demolish the 4 myths that have paralyzed leadership in our modern era. You’ll learn that leadership is often mundane, that it can be undertaken by anyone and that true leadership happens every day, not just at times of crisis.
In the second half of Do Lead, we provide you with the tools you’ll need to be an impactful leader: The mindset required; the basic leadership toolkit; techniques for dealing with the (inevitable) failures, and a guide to how to get started.
If you’re already a leader, this book will help reignite your passion for leadership and give you a fresh perspective – as well as some new tools to make your leadership even more effective.
Praise for Do Lead
Whether you are a company president, a junior executive, or an intern you will gain stunning new insights on what it takes to be an impactful leader. Do Lead is a must read for anyone looking to beat the competition and ensure you have the best people doing the best work to be the best organization.
– Justin Nelson, Co-Founder & President, National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
Do Lead is a stimulating page turner that will help you grease those rusty leadership gears you’ve been neglecting for some time now.
– Michael Port, Michael Port & Associates, Book Yourself Solid
Do Lead is a book you wish you would have read decades ago. Brush up on your leadership skills and then pass this brilliant account on to a new graduate. The knowledge they obtain from this book will be priceless.
– Pat Smith, Chief Executive Officer, Career Systems International
Not everyone is a leader by title, but everyone can be a leader by action. Instead of viewing leadership as a trait held only by an elite group of individuals, you’ll realize leadership can (and should) be attained by anyone, including you. Especially, you.
– Nilofer Merchant, Best-Selling Author of Harvard Published 11 Rules for Creating Value In the Social Era, discussing Do Lead
In Do Lead, Les McKeown helps you to make being a leader not just what you do, but who you are. Read this book and make a difference – regardless of your industry, background or title – every single day.
– Carol Roth, CNBC Contributor, Entrepreneur and Bestselling author of The Entrepreneur Equation
If you’ve ever worried that your everyday acts of leadership don’t quite measure up to slipping into a superhero’s outfit and fighting evil, then you can relax. In this funny yet practical book, Les McKeown gets down to what it really means to lead.
– Michael Bungay Stanier, Senior Partner, Box of Crayons, & Author of Do More Great Work
Do Lead is an inspiring must-read that will have you re-examining everything you thought you knew about leadership. Instead of being a trait held by an elite group of individuals, you’ll find that leadership can (and should) be attained by anyone.
– Kate Marshall, Award-winning Speaker, Facilitator, Coach “Building Business Athletes”
Do Lead breathes new life into the concept of leadership. Like many business owners, I once viewed leadership as a function of management. After reading Do Lead, however, I realized that every employee could be exercising leadership to achieve common goals.
– Leslie Pembrook, President & CEO, The Medical Team, Inc.
Do you want to be a better leader? Do Lead paves the way to get you started right here, right now. By providing plenty of actionable insights, Les becomes your own personal mentor with the turn of every page… Do Read!
– Lon Southerland, Senior Director of Global Food and Beverage, Marriott International
Les McKeown believes the world needs more inspiring leaders and that each of us has what it takes to be one, even you! Whether you are already a leader or aspiring to be one, Do Lead provides a clear framework to do so. A great read for all!
– François Ortalo-Magné, Albert O. Nicholas Dean, Wisconsin School of Business
Les McKeown’s Do Lead is the ultimate instructional manual on leadership – providing a fresh perspective on what it means to be a leader as well as the frameworks and tools needed to become a spectacular one.
– Denise Lee Yohn, Author, What Great Brands Do: The Seven Brand-Building Principles That Separate the Best from the Rest
There are more takeaways in 100 page of Do Lead than you’ll find in page four times its length. Les McKeown writes the kind of book I love to recommend to executives. As practical as it is efficient, Do Lead doesn’t waste a word and focuses on your growth as a leader.
– Andrew B. Clancy, Executive Editor, Soundview
If you don’t think of yourself as a leader – think again. Les McKeown shows you how to be a great one. This is a must read for anyone who leads (or wants to lead) a company, team or group.
– JJ Ramberg, Host of MSNBC’s Your Business
Les McKeown’s latest book, Do Lead, is a thoroughly refreshing take on what real leadership is all about. It is not about heroics or headlines, it is about achieving real results in the here and now. It’s short, to the point, and not to be missed.
– Rita McGrath, Professor at Columbia Business School and Author of the #1 General Business Book of 2013 The End of Competitive Advantage
When Les writes, I read. Don’t be deceived by this book’s diminutive size – it’s like a rich, chunk of leadership fudge that you never want to end. This eye-opening, challenging, and encouraging book may be small, but it packs a big punch.
– Steve McKee, President of McKee Wallwork & Company, BusinessWeek Columnist, and Award-winning Author of Power Branding
Thanks for purchasing “Do Lead: Share your vision. Inspire others. Achieve the Impossible.” – we truly appreciate it.
Leadership isn’t an elite act. We can all, any of us, lead at any time.
This book will show you how and give you the tools you need to do so
effectively. The resources shared below will help you further implement
the tips and techniques contained within Do Lead.
Don’t have your copy of ‘Do Lead’ yet?
You can purchase it at most online or offline bookstores.