Michael Bungay Stanier is the founder and Senior Partner of Box of Crayons,
a company that helps organizations do less Good Work and more Great Work. His first book, Get Unstuck & Get Going on the stuff that matters, won a number of awards and was endorsed by Anita Roddick, founder of The Body Shop, the management expert Peter Block, business author and coach Marshall Goldsmith and many others.
Michael has also created The Eight Irresistible Principles of Fun and The 5.75 Question You’ve Been Avoiding, short internet movies seen by millions of people around the world.
Michael was a Rhodes Scholar and the 2006 Canadian Coach of the Year. He is Australian and now lives in Canada.
In this interview Michael shares:
- » His inspiring favorite quote;
- » How ‘Box of Crayons’ is working with organizations to help them do less Good Work and more Great Work;
- » Why a Rhodes Scholarship was a life changing moment for him;
- » How he wrote the global vision for Glaxo Smith Kline in 25 minutes;
- » How and why he left Australia and ended up in Toronto, Canada;
- » His thoughts on being an entrepreneur;
- » How your choices can affect achieving a meaningful life;
- » What he describes is his personal vision and his values;
- » His training program for managers and leaders – practical coaching skills;
- » How to build a sustainable business;
- » How we can all do more great work;
- » How to get out of the treadmill of constant good work;
- » What’s in his ‘tool box’;
- » How to make choices about what you say yes to;
- » His favorite exercise map for business planning;
(Running time is approximately 30 minutes.)
Click below to listen to streaming audio
|Click below to download the mp3 file
||Click below to download in iTunes